Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #83

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Cassie's Waiting On: 
Long May She Reign
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas 
Publication Date: February 21, 2017 


Synopsis: 

The Girl of Fire and Thorns meets The Queen of the Tearling in this thrilling fantasy standalone about one girl’s unexpected rise to power.

Freya was never meant be queen. Twenty third in line to the throne, she never dreamed of a life in the palace, and would much rather research in her laboratory than participate in the intrigues of court. However, when an extravagant banquet turns deadly and the king and those closest to him are poisoned, Freya suddenly finds herself on the throne.

Freya may have escaped the massacre, but she is far from safe. The nobles don’t respect her, her councillors want to control her, and with the mystery of who killed the king still unsolved, Freya knows that a single mistake could cost her the kingdom – and her life.

Freya is determined to survive, and that means uncovering the murderers herself. Until then, she can’t trust anyone. Not her advisors. Not the king’s dashing and enigmatic illegitimate son. Not even her own father, who always wanted the best for her, but also wanted more power for himself.

As Freya’s enemies close in and her loyalties are tested, she must decide if she is ready to rule and, if so, how far she is willing to go to keep the crown.

Look at that cover, I'm so obsessed with it!! It's stunning and I feel like it already sets the tone of the novel. Freya already sounds like a strong female lead, and I can't wait to see just what Ms. Thomas has in store for us with the storyline.  This has the potential to be something great...I'm in!

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

Dreamfall by Amy Plum
Publication Date: May 2nd, 2017 


Synopsis: 

Cata Cordova suffers from such debilitating insomnia that she agreed to take part in an experimental new procedure. She thought things couldn’t get any worse...but she was terribly wrong.

Soon after the experiment begins, there’s a malfunction with the lab equipment, and Cata and six other teen patients are plunged into a shared dreamworld with no memory of how they got there. Even worse, they come to the chilling realization that they are trapped in a place where their worst nightmares have come to life. Hunted by creatures from their darkest imaginations and tormented by secrets they’d rather keep buried, Cata and the others will be forced to band together to face their biggest fears. And if they can’t find a way to defeat their dreams, they will never wake up.

I love books that have to do with dreaming. I've read Wake by Lisa McMann when I was in middle school, and I think that is the one that really sparked my loved for them. I'm interested in seeing what unique aspects of dreaming that Ms. Plum will bring to the table! 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh nice picks! I really want to read both of these! I've had some bad luck with Amy's books before but maybe this one will finally be the one for me! And I still need to give Rhiannon's first books a try to see if I like her style too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm looking forward to reading both of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of both of these (YAY)! Sometimes I feel like I'm living under a rock so it's an accomplishment sometimes, to be familiar with upcoming books. :D I didn't love Thomas's debut duology so I think I'll be skipping this new book... I did like Amy Plum's Revenant series, so I'm curious about this new book. I hope you both enjoy these books when you get the chance to read them!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete